The Central Asia Barometer is an independent non-profit sociological project, which mission is to measure the social, economic and political “atmosphere” in the countries of Central Asia and disseminate the results among various interested groups: civil society, governments and government institutions, international donor organizations, private investors , non-profits, educational institutions.
Topics of our surveys include:
- Right/wrong direction, top national problems, country and HH economic performance.
- Attitudes toward foreign countries and leaders.
- Perceptions of terrorism and violent extremism.
- Ratings of national political leaders, parties and vote intentions.
- Religious affiliations and norms.
- Sources of news and information, use of the Internet, connectivity to social media.
- Ownership of media devices (computer, mobile and landline telephones, tablets).
- National and ethnic self-identification.
- Standard demographics (gender, age, education, occupation, ethnicity, language spoken at home, social wellbeing).